TrainingAustralian Reef Pilots’ biggest investment is in its people. ARP pilots are some of the most highly qualified marine pilots in the world. ARP’s training expertise is endorsed by Swire’s deep sea shipping arm China Navigation, which contracts ARP pilots to train masters transiting the Torres Strait to Darwin via the difficult Dundas and Clarence Straits.
ARP has created a detailed simulation model of the Prince of Wales Channel, the most complex section of Torres Strait and the Great Barrier Reef, and has access to a contemporary model of the rest of the GBR.
This simulation training is provided at the maritime training centre of excellence, SmartShip Australia:• ECDIS training (generic and ARP’s Voyage Bank).
• Initial pilotage training for new entrants.
• Ongoing pilotage training & assessment.
• Emergency prepardness training.
• Revalidation of pilot licenses in collaboration with AMSA.
Smartship Australia has five bridges for use:• 1 x 16m diameter with 360 Field of View, fitted with bridge wings
• 1 x 12m diameter with 240 Field of View
• 1 tug with 360 Field of View
• 2 part task bridges with 120 Field of View
• Briefing and debriefing facilities
• Equipment fitted up to and including 5th Generation 5.5.1
Please contact ARP for further information and bookings.