PilotageAustralian Reef Pilots (ARP) is the service provider of choice for marine pilotage in Torres Strait and the Great Barrier Reef (GBR). ARP offers unrivalled reliability and peace of mind in terms of risk reduction, safety and service.
ARP’s achievements demonstrate its unparalleled pilotage expertise:
- Accreditation for Environmental and Quality Management under ISO International 9001:2015 standards.
- Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) Certificate of Compliance.
- Australian Industry Group 2012 Icon of Industry Award in recognition of ARP’s commitment to safety, professionalism, innovation and customer satisfaction.
- IHS Safety at Sea 2013 Award (Systems Category) in partnership with VoyageBank and SevenCs for the unique Voyage Bank System – a Portable Pilot Unit navigational aid commissioned by ARP and developed by ARP pilot, Captain Warren Wood. The system provides an aid for pre-planning, real-time vessel tracking and pilotage execution, utilisation of up to date electronic charting systems (SevenCs), improved safety features and historical data of each and every pilotage. VoyageBank forms part of ARP’s world best practice Safety Management System.
- World-renowned maritime safety expert Captain Ravi Nijjer works closely with ARP on a program of continual safety improvements and innovation.
- ARP works closely with its clients’ eco-speed voyage orders, preparing passage plans to ensure the most direct, safe and cost effective voyages and, in turn, reducing fuel burn and carbon emissions.
- ARP recommends the more direct Inner Route of the Great Barrier Reef for ships bound for East coast Australian ports and New Zealand. This reduces fuel costs and enhances safety by steaming through protected waters with access to safe anchorages and emergency response capabilities.
- Technical audits of ships bound for Australia. ARP’s overseas-based surveyors can attend ports outside Australia to assess whether vessels meet Australian Port State Control standards and report on any defect/deficiencies that could lead to expensive detention in Australian waters.
- An optional Port Captain service is available to ARP clients during port calls at Hay Point/Dalrymple Bay. This provides ships crews with local knowledge, improved ship/shore liaison with stevedores, agents, port authorities and government inspectors, and cargo maximisation (which more than offsets the cost of the Port Captain).