NAVAL PILOTAGE SERVICESAustralian Reef Pilots offers a unique service for military vessels.
- Pre-voyage access to ARP’s web-based military vessel information package
- Pilotage advice and assistance by selected reef pilots – many with RAN backgrounds
- Access to ARP’s unique navigation/pilotage training program
- Ongoing advice on regulatory issues before and during the voyage.
In addition to traditional reef pilotage services for commercial vessels travelling through the heritage-listed, environmentally sensitive Great Barrier Reef, ARP provides customised, highly-professional pilotage services by specialist pilots for military vessels, super yachts and cruise ships.
ARP’s web-based password protected Great Barrier Reef Navigation & Destination Guide is an information- packed resource designed specifically for military vessels. It contains:
- Navigation information - Routes, distance tables, interactive passage plans, required charts, navigation warnings and navigation marks etc.
- Torres Strait navigation/pilotage exercise - A pre-planned transit of one of the world’s most challenging navigational channels, undertaken by navigators and supervised by the Reef Pilot.
- Destination Information - For all ports between Darwin and Brisbane: Berths, activities, facilities etc. plus links to related websites.
- Online links to a range of useful websites - Regulatory authorities, weather bureau, maritime information and tourism sites etc.
About Australian Reef Pilots Pty Ltd
- Largest, most experienced team of coastal pilots
- Impeccable safety record
- Environmental Management accreditation
- Quality Management accreditation to ISO 9001: 2015
- Awarded the Australian Industry Group’s 2012 ‘Icon of Industry’
- Commissioned VoyageBank - a unique IT system allowing real-time pilotage monitoring
- Developed an exclusive simulation model of Torres Strait.
Enquiries to ARP General Manager – Business Development, Alan Maffina, T: +61 413 153 691 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookings to ARP Operations – either direct or via the port agent – using the contact details below:
Australian Reef Pilots Pty Ltd. 21 Kyabra Street, NEWSTEAD QLD 4006 AUSTRALIA Ph: 61 7 36664041 Fax: 61 7 36664040 Email: email@example.com Website: www.reefpilots.com.au
Australian Reef Pilots - Cruiseship ServicesIn addition to traditional pilotage services in the Great Barrier Reef, Australian Reef Pilots (ARP) provides customised, highly professional pilotage and advisory services for cruiseships.
Modern cruiseships typically have highly experienced mariners and the latest navigational equipment. In many areas of the Reef they do not need a pilot in the traditional sense but rather a ‘Reef Guide’ - a source of professional advice to help safely navigate the regulatory minefield that inevitably governs an environmentally sensitive, Heritage-listed marine region.
The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority (GBRMPA) is inflexible when it comes to breaches of the Marine Park Act. With a Reef Pilot’s local knowledge and effective voyage planning, cruiseships can still take maximum advantage of all the Reef has to offer without breaking any Marine Park rules.
ARP’s cruiseship service comprises a small, select team of Reef Pilots with an interest in, understanding of and empathy for cruiseships. All these pilots hold unrestricted licences in every area of the Great Barrier Reef.
Once appointed to a particular cruiseship, the allocated pilot contacts the ship and starts a liaison process with the captain to pre-plan the entire voyage, leaving only fine-tuning at the first nav-briefing after the pilot embarks. This early process determines the basic voyage plan but also often fleshes out opportunities for more scenic routes, tidal issues or the need to exit the Reef area for environmental discharge purposes.
Under the GBRMPA Act, all cruiseships of 70m LOA and over are obliged to engage a licensed pilot to transit the compulsory-pilotage channels of the Great Barrier Reef. In addition to those routes, ARP’s cruiseship pilots are experienced and ready to assist in Papua New Guinea (China Strait, Nuakata Channel etc.), the Northern Territory (Clarence Strait, Port Essington etc.) and Western Australia’s Kimberley region.
When bridge duties permit, ARP’s cruiseship pilots also present to passengers professional-standard lectures about the region, plus informative commentaries from the bridge when passing places of interest.
For more information, please contact Alan Maffina, T: +61 413 153 691 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Australian Reef Pilots
- Member - Cruise Down Under
- Management accreditation: Quality to ISO 9001: 2015 and Environmental Management accreditation
- Winner - Australian Industry Group 2012 Icon of Industry Award
- Winner - IHS Fairplay 2013 International Safety at Sea Award for Safety Systems
- Manages the largest and most experienced team of licensed Great Barrier Reef pilots
- Maintains an impeccable safety record.
AUSTRALIAN REEF PILOTS IS PROUD TO BE KNOWN AS THE “GUARDIANS OF THE REEF” AND IS THE OBVIOUS CHOICE FOR FIRST-CLASS SAFETY AND CERTAINTY IN MARINE PILOTAGE.